Wednesday, September 17, 2008

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!

Casey B. started his first day of Preschool Monday, September 8th and he has been having tons of fun ever since. 

He loves to do his workbook pages and often adds his own related embellishments. I like to encourage his additions since I feel they add to his understanding of the subject and to the fun. A couple of days ago we were working on the letter "S" and Casey B. drew a big beautiful rainbow colored snake in the middle of the page. Yesterday he realized as we were working on the letter "B" that it was the letter that began the name "Batman" so of course he had to do an art project on the subject... focusing on "B" of course.

Casey B. seems to like school enough to be sad when we have to miss a day because of illness or other circumstances. Luckily we haven't missed much and it's nice to know that he really enjoys and looks forward to school with Mommy! :)

I have set up our school station in the kitchen and as we are learning the Alphabet, counting to 20 (so far) or doing flash cards Charis loves to sit at the kitchen table coloring, doing ABC puzzles and participating when she feels she can. 

Charis is also learning some basic colors, shapes and how to use the potty. She has gone a few times on her own so far, Yay!!!

We all do music, dancing, and fun activities together. So far everyone is having fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great! I love it when kids get into learning and don't know it!

Daulina said...

YIPEE! Good Job Faith! It even looks like a pre school room in the kitchen! I love that pic, so SO cute. I read this whole blog to Andrew and he wanted to tell Casey B that he is in Kindergarten, and he has the most stickers for being good in class and paying attention.
Um, and I Think he want to say CONGRATS too. :)
Love you!